Senior Application/Support Engineer
Excitingly recruit365.co.uk are pleased to announce two new client positions, (ideally Birmingham based)
Our client is a specialist provider of Industrial Data Communication, M2M solutions and Change Management solutions for the Process and Automation markets. With offices in both UK and France, our client continues to grow Nationally and Internationally.
To keep up with demands from global growth, our client is looking to recruit (Position 1) a senior application/support engineer for its specialist distribution division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide help line support to customers
- Install and configure our software solutions with a special focus on our MDT change management solutions - this is an EU wide brief
- Troubleshoot and diagnose faults on client's systems
- Manage and maintain the in house IT capability and backup systems
- Develop application solutions for clients
- Develop new product solutions - software developer skills required.
- Supervise and develop the junior support engineer
Skills and Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of PLC/SCADA automation market
- High level of data communications and Ethernet networking skills
- SQL/Report writer skills desired
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server based applications
- C Sharp/Desktop Application/WPF development tools and capability
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A natural team player with strong problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and strong drive to succeed - willing to travel within UK/EU
- A passion for detail
- Competitive salary, pension and profit sharing bonus scheme
- Product and application training provided
- 20 days holiday + all public holidays + 1 day per year up to 25 days after 5 years.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £37,500 /year
- Automation Engineering: 5 years
Required licences or certifications:
- Drivers License
- Willing to Travel