Construction and Trade Finance Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Construction and Trade Finance
Our Client's, a top Challenger Bank's, Specialist Finance division has been formed to lead the development of new products and markets within their wider Invoice Finance product offering.
Invoice Finance is one of our client's largest teams with over 200 colleagues based across several UK locations. We work with a wide range of companies across a number of industry sectors to unlock capital held up in unpaid invoices - helping UK SMEs to benefit from better cash flow, enabling them to grow and develop their business.
The Role of Business Development Manager - Construction and Trade Finance
To build professional working relationships with all introductory sources and act as the Specialist Finance contact for our client across the region.
To promote and manage sales of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area ultimately generating and converting new business opportunities for the company. Key products include Construction Finance and Trade Finance
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist with and generate new business from a range of introductory sources in order to meet agreed personal new business targets as set from time to time by the company’s incentive scheme.
- To increase the number of enquiries received by working with the regional sales offices in establishing profitable working relationships with SME business introducers
- To assist with and handle all new business enquiries professionally and diligently, ensuring that all initial enquiries are followed up within 24 hours.
- To prepare and submit new business files to credit committee, ensuring that they meet the required company standard and contain the information required, allowing the underwriter(s) to assess the proposal quickly and accurately.
- To assist with and ensure the smooth and efficient management of take-ons for clients.
- To maintain up to date introducer records ensuring that all prospect enquiries and development work undertaken with business introducers is logged and recorded.
- To assist with the production of the monthly sales reports
- To develop their knowledge and understanding of the factoring industry including competition, people, products, risk etc.
- To develop their knowledge and understanding of all Specialist Finance Products including competition, people, products, risk etc
- To maintain an awareness of IT and information security related issues and ensure compliance with the IT Security Policy & procedures within the area of responsibility.
- To maintain an awareness of all Risk related issues and ensure compliance with the Credit Policies & Operations and Procedures Manual within your area of responsibility.
- FCA - An understanding of the regulatory environment commensurate with your role.
- TCF - ensuring you adhere to the principles of "Treating Customers Fairly" commensurate with your role.
- Ad hoc duties as required by the Head Of Sales Specialist Finance
- To operate within technical and complex markets
- The ability to understand industry specific contracts and conditions
- To assist in the development and training of any staff where required
The Person to fit Business Development Manager - Construction and Trade Finance
- Firm understanding of the principles of Invoice Finance lending and legal implications whether this is in a BD or Relationship Management role
- Ideally, but not essential Knowledge of Construction and/or Trade Finance funding.
- Good understanding of the principles of transactional and contractual based lending
- Strong technical knowledge of Invoice Finance / Asset Based Lending
- Ability to read and understand statutory financial information, financial projections and cash viability
- Client/Introducer Focus
- Competent communication and stakeholder management capabilities
- Self Motivated
- Decision making skills
- Influencing & Negotiation
- Commercial Awareness
- Relationship Building
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Team Working
- Seasoned Networker
- Educated to Higher level / A Level
- ABFA certificate - desirable
- Ability to work in a sales role (happy to consider applications from non sales people within Invoice finance)
£Attractive basic salary
Market competitive benefits package