Senior Project Manager - Integrated and Smart Travel
Senior Project Manager - Integrated and Smart Travel - smart travel, smart ticketing, smart cards, RTPI, Real-time passenger information, project delivery, PRINCE 2, project plans, project management, transport, rail, ticketing
Manchester - Salary circa £50,000 per annum (2 year fixed-term / secondment)
My client, are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage the development and delivery of Integrated and Smart Travel programme and projects to time, budget and quality standards in compliance within agreed project management standards and procedures.
Initial focus will be on working with TOCs to deliver rail season tickets and carnets, and associated retail and revenue inspection, card issue and customer support.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the proactive management of stakeholder needs and expectations in relation to projects / programmes, whilst ensuring Project Initiation Plans are produced, reviewed and approved kept up to date for each project including risk and issue management.
· Demonstrable post qualification experience of successful management of complex, multi-stakeholder projects using Prince2 methodology (or recognised equivalent)
· Demonstrable ability to manage stakeholder relationships
· Proven experience of managing consultants and other contributors to project implementation
· Demonstrable experience in writing and presenting both technical and progress reports in an accessible manner
· Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating and supervising multiple programmes of work
· Experience of developing strategies for continuous improvement and of project performance measurement
· Ability to compile clear and concise technical and non-technical reports for a range of political, professional and lay-person audiences
· Financial awareness and knowledge of cost management and control
· Experience of working within the UK public transport or payments industry
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 23rd January. Therefore, if you feel you have the requisite knowledge and skills, please email your CV in the first instance as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity. For more information you can contact James on or james.spence-.