Expatriate Tax Compliance – Reviewer - Birmingham (Part-time)
About the team
In response to market demands and client needs, the Tax practice is in the process of transforming its Tax Compliance proposition and Tax Compliance delivery model. Central to our plans for the future within each of our three service streams (Corporate, Personal and Global Mobility compliance) is the Reviewer role.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work on high profile client assignments alongside Tax Compliance and other Tax staff across the wider practice as we re-define our approach to delivering our services
About the role
In this role you’ll:
- Working alongside other members of our compliance team and with relationship managers, you will manage a range of activities that together will result in high quality service for our clients including:
- Review and update client details relating to the set-up of the engagement to ensure smooth set-up
- Review tax return/tax accounting for technical accuracy, readiness for submission to the client and risk, providing technical guidance and feedback to individual preparers. this should include compare with PY, check PBT for CT and TA, compare for clear differences with current tax in accounts, comparison with tax payments made
- Review executive summary relating to the return/tax accounting assignment and produced by the preparer
- Deal with client queries in relation to data requests during Data Exchange by exception /as escalated
- Compile and review missing information request and send to client
- Review the missing information request before sending to the client
- Review missing information received from client and taxpayer for completeness and update the return
- Save the missing information to the data repository
- Update status of the tax return/tax accounting in the relevant systems
- Return missing information request,tax return/tax accounting and executive summary to the preparer for any necessary re-work
- Trigger signatory review for return by Relationship Team from within compliance system as scoped.
- Contact client if they are non-consented'
- Package tax return/tax accounting and sign it off ready for sending to client for approval
- Re-work tax return/tax accounting based on client feedback and as per scope of work and re-package as required for re-submission to client
- Coaching and developing other staff
- Sharing technical and practical knowledge through the team
- Interpreting and applying tax legislation in respect of tax return/tax accounting disclosure
- Awareness of budget so that problems can be flagged to CPL
- Provide quarterly payment advice as per agreed scope
- Consideration of GAAR and Tax Code of Conduct including Professional Services in Relation to Taxation.
- Deal with incoming HMRC correspondence as required, reverting to Relationship teams for any necessary actions.
Essential skills and experience
- The successful candidate will possess initiative and enthusiasm and will show the ability to work in and contribute to the team and will possess the personal skills needed to form successful relationships. The successful candidate will have the majority of the following skills and experience:
- Be ACA or CTA qualified.
- Strong UK corporate or personal tax skills.
- UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a growing business that offers exposure to an unrivalled range of clients and specialist tax areas. We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits.
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and can adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs.
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers, including partners and senior client personnel.
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities.
- Be an effective delegator, strong at coaching junior staff.
Who we’re looking for
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.