Technology Operations Manager - Technology Risk
About the role
You’ll manage technology risk and control engagements for a range of our FTSE 100 clients. An experienced Technology specialist, you’ll manage teams, build relationships with senior internal stakeholders and manage and develop relationships with existing and prospective clients.
About the team
You’ll be an integral member of PwC’s Risk Assurance practice. We help clients to identify, measure and manage their risks more effectively. We offer knowledge and expertise in areas including technology audit, IT operations, strategy & transformation, digital integration, data & analytics, commercial assurance, cyber security, performance assurance, treasury and external and internal audit.
You’ll work in our industry leading, London Top-Tier (LTT) team. Our LTT business unit provides services to a wide range of FTSE 100 clients from both the public and private sectors.
- Manage engagement teams, including being responsible for quality of outputs & achieving engagement profitability targets
- Taking an active role in people management, plus coaching and developing your peoples’ skills
- Managing key client relationships, for example Internal Audit Directors and Heads of Technology Audit
- Supporting clients in developing their annual technology audit plans and planning individual audits
- Working with our wider Internal Audit practice and other business units to deliver a coherent Internal Audit service to our clients
- Developing existing client relationships and winning new work, including working on proposals and being activity involved in client pitches
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience working in a technology audit, technology risk or technology compliance role, as either as part of an in-house technology team or at another professional services firm
- Experience working for large companies/clients, ideally FTSE100 companies or Government agencies
- Strong knowledge of IT processes, best practice frameworks, technology systems and infrastructure, e.g. ITIL, COBIT, applications, operating systems, databases
- Experience of leading, managing and developing teams and individuals
- Strong report writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- A relevant Technology Audit or IT qualification, e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience:
- Functional expertise in enterprise applications, e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing or other operating systems
- Deeper subject matter expertise in specific IT operational areas such as Cyber Security, IT Resilience
- Expertise in emerging technology, data and analytics
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.