Head of Young Giant
We blend the sharp insight and ambition of a marketing agency with the depth and care of a youth development organisation. We find solutions to client problems by connecting them to the millennial market and we empower young people along the way. We’re looking for exceptional people to join our journey to becoming the leading youth engagement agency in the country.
As Head of Young Giant your role will be to lead, to innovate, to manage and to grow.
A small but mighty team comprising of you and our Head of Content, you’ll be working with large clients across retail, FMCG and arts & culture to work with them to develop youth engagement strategy and marketing campaigns. Your days will be spend in very different ways, from co-creating new projects with young people aged 16 - 30, to meeting clients, to consulting on strategy, to facilitating workshops, to writing reports and recommendations. You should be able to turn your hand to the strategic and to the delivery. You will work alongside the other General Managers within the Collective on strategic projects such as our annual research report: Brum Youth Trends.
The two key focuses of this role are business development and delivery.
- Manage our existing relationships and create new ones
- Grow the value of our work both in terms of revenue and impact
- Get our brand out there and known for good stuff
- Building, planning and execution of projects for clients including liaising, developing, delivering and evaluating with partners and the client
- Create and deliver creative workshops with clients and young people which develop new ideas and projects
- Design and deliver events to convene young people for and with our clients around issues and ideas that inspire them
- Consult with organisations on their youth engagement strategies and communications plans providing them with recommendations and ideas based on our methodologies
- Develop marketing campaigns and ideas which activate and excite millennials and Gen Z.
First and foremost, you must believe in the power of young people and see a need for them to influence the way the world works.
You should have experience within marketing, insight or youth engagement, either as a consultant or a manager, and should have strong commercial skills.
You should be willing to travel for work, and be open to some flexible evening and weekend work due to the nature of working with young people. You should be ambitious and excited about taking on responsibility.