Permanent Reconciliations Specialist, £22-£25k, Aylesbury
Your new company
A market leading brand in Aylesbury is currently looking for a reconciliations specialist to join their busy team.
Your new role
This role will provide support to the Finance team, under the direction of the Reconciliation Manager. The successful candidate will be a key member of a professional reconciliation team, responsible for various reconciliations and will also be involved in company-wide projects. The key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Carry out cashbook and stock reconciliations accurately and meeting the requirement of CASS rules
- Carry out month end tasks within responsibility
- Ensure CASS compliance, avoid breaches and maintain CASS awareness within responsibilities.
- Ensure reconciling items are followed up and resolved promptly
- Ensure procedures within responsibility are updated regularly
- Provide cover and assistance for other team members as required
- Represent the Reconciliation team in company-wide projects
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have strong IT skills and a good understanding of bank reconciliations. You also need to have been working in an accounting role for at least 2-3 years, and have some banking experience. If you have experience working in financial services this is a huge plus. The client is looking for someone who has the following traits:
- Able and willing to learn new skills and study towards a professional qualification (CISI)
- Professional and focused work attitude
- Team worker
- Self-starter able to deliver to deadlines and with a pro-active approach to problem solving and ability to prioritise personal workload
- Analytical, strong problem-solving, decision-making and negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Numerate and logical
What you'll get in return
The salary being offered for this role is between £22-£25k per annum. Plus other company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79191036