Curtis Recruitment is seeking an Accounts Senior for our client’s multi-office practice at its office in Hertford. This role has become available due to the continued growth of this dynamic Top 20 practice. The firm’s clients range from SMEs through to international companies, incorporating a multitude of sectors including academies and schools and solicitors.
This role will include audit work; therefore, applicants should be well-versed in statutory audit procedures.
Within this exciting role, the responsibilities of the Accounts Senior will include:
- Ensure planning of audit and accounts assignments in accordance with agreed procedures, including tailoring of programmes and updating file information and system notes
- Supervise and manage work of junior team members, provide technical assistance, undertake post-assignment appraisals and assist managers/partners with feedback
- Attend to the preparation of client financial statements ensuring compliance with prescribed legislation and standards
- Liaise with other departments within the Hertford office and across other locations to ensure the timely exchange of relevant, client information
- Contribute to the provision of excellent client service by identifying efficiency-savings and maintaining effective client communication
- Identify opportunities for us to provide additional services and liaise with managers/partners as appropriate
- The potential to participate in promotional activities run by the firm
This senior position requires an individual who has a broad and deep knowledge-base and as such, applicants will only be considered for this position if they can satisfy the following criteria:
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Up to date knowledge and experience of audit & accounting standards
- Proven ability of helping to deliver cost-effective, efficient audits
- Broad knowledge of business taxation
- Good, all-round knowledge of Microsoft Office, audit software and accounting packages
- Professional and approachable manner with effective communication skills
- Works well under time pressure and is used to meeting deadlines
- Organised individual who understands the importance of delivering excellent client service
- Car driver with full, clean licence is preferred
In return for your expertise, the practice offers a competitive salary and benefits, ongoing development and an excellent working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79185192