Assistant Management Accountant
My Client, a Dynamic Film Company in London, are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their fast paced team in London.
The position is a perfect match for a go-getter who is comfortable with assisting with Management Accounts, Budgets and Forecasts. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow into a commercial role. It will undertake a variety of tasks and processes which contribute to the production of Management Accounts, Budgets and forecasts and all other associated deliverables to the UK management and group finance team.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited too:
Month end journal preparation and postings for key areas of the P&L and balance sheet leading to monthly Management Accounts: This will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinating and preparing monthly sales information and posting of accruals and revenues
- Preparation of month end marketing and technical accruals and prepayments journals
- Analysis of monthly revenue and variances to latest forecast
- Review of cost of sales including variance to forecast
- Production of balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of marketing spend
- Stock reconciliation and analysis.
- Assist with the building of month end reporting packs
- Assist Business Analyst with ad hoc project work as required.
- Provide support with additional analysis, including audit preparation and half year / full year reporting.
Planning and Analysis:
- In close conjunction with the Business Analyst, prepare monthly commercial reporting packs
- Collate and reconcile sales data from third parties
- Prepare regular analysis of internal and external information to present to commercial teams to aid decision making in areas such as industry trends and sales profiles.
- Assist in preparation of Budgets and official Forecasts.
- Forecast and review cashflow.
- Engage with process and system review and development.
- A demonstrable interest in the commercial elements of the business and wider industry themes and issues
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to review processes with clarity and create efficiencies
- Articulate with advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- A proactive and responsible attitude to workload, with a propensity to own the key duties of the role
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Part ACCA / CIMA qualified (first time passes preferred) with at least one year experience within another business
- A minimum of 3 'B' grades at A level
- Experience using Financial systems such as MS Navision & SAP preferable but not essential
The role would suit someone with at least a years experience in a similar role, who is very well organised and a forward thinker. The role is a competitive, well rounded opportunity with a good level of responsibility! If you are keen on the position please get in touch straight away!!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79182009