Engineering Parts Assistant
Engineering Parts Assistant
This is an excellent role working for a Global Supplier of Machinery and Specialist Vehicles.
To be considered it is essential that you have a background within a Parts environment e.g. Parts Advisor within Automotive or Parts/Warranty Assistant within another Engineering field.
Reports to: Service & Installation Manager
Based at: Biggleswade
The role contributes to the effective operation of our clients vision by ensuring a pivotal link between the client and manufacturer is maintained to maximise business performance. To participate in minimising the work-in-progress whilst dealing with internal and external customers accurately and efficiently. To ensure that administrative procedures are adhered to and developed whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
• Ensure compliance with Company and operational policies and procedures for products is adhered to.
• Support the Division’s service operations with parts and logistics support, engaging with colleagues on individual repairs and enquiries for major projects.
• Deal with incoming telephone calls, e-mails, faxes and personal customer calls.
• Assist colleagues with their workload when required. This may include other areas of the business and a requirement for additional training.
• Ensure all urgent parts and after-sales issues are dealt with and progressed within agreed timeframes.
• Placing orders on our factory suppliers and placing daily and weekly factory orders for customers and the After-Sales service operations.
• Progress and chasing supplier orders and back orders.
• Identify required spare parts on Lidos, parts books, BaaN system and other systems.
• Raise credits for service exchange and returned items, carriage, handling and other authorised miscellaneous charges etc.
• Raising Sales Orders, purchase requests, purchase orders and invoices.
• Reconcile factory invoices and credit notes with purchase orders and return documentation
• Undertake training where needs are identified.
• Responsible for administering calls from customers, liaising with service engineers and members of the sales and after-sales teams when appropriate.
• Responsible for maintaining workflow, SLAs, tracking of metrics and departmental reporting including the status of work in progress (WIP).
• Responsible for escalating unresolved issues to appropriate parties, including Business Managers, Customer Managers, ensuring the Work In Progress (WIP) is maintained within the correct timeframe to ensure accurate and on time invoicing.
• Proficient in maintaining existing and creation of new machine files, collating data and maintaining machine records in an organised and disciplined way.
• Supports the Service & Installation Manager with aftersales & spare parts activities to maximise productivity, engineer utilisation and cost monitoring.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The company will be offering an excellent basic salary plus the following benefits:
• Holiday = 20 days per year, plus 3 days given to cover Christmas shutdown aa well as bank / public holidays
• Pension scheme – employees are asked to contribute a minimum of 2.15%; the Company contributes a fixed amount of 4.85% and once the employee has joined the pension scheme (eligible after 3 months service) they also receive Life Cover (4 x P60 or 7 x P60 if they have dependent children); Critical Illness Cover and Group Income Protection
• Child Care Voucher Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• BUPA Cash Plans for individual and dependent children
• Subsidised canteen on site
• Loyalty Bonus - £100 is paid for the first full year completed with the Company (January to February), this is then increased by £25 for each subsequent year, e.g.: 3 years’ service would receive £150 – this is subject to tax and is normally paid in the December pay run
Key words: Warranty Administrator, Administrator, PA, Secretary, warranty, parts, Engineer, Technical, Sales administration, Parts Advisor, Parts Assistant, Parts Administrator, Parts supervisor, Parts Manager, Engineering administrator
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925427