Process Engineer x 3
Process Engineer x 3
Position: Process Engineer x 3
Customer: Jaguar Land Rover
Salary: £33,000 DOE
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 16th January 2018
For the role of Process Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that you provide both day to day and strategic industrial engineering support on the JLR account. Dealing with the optimization of complex automotive I2M processes and systems by eliminating waste within the supply chain by figuring out how to do things better. To provide Industrial Engineering interface and alignment for both operational and planning teams supporting the delivery of JLR's growth agenda. The role will have full responsibility for leading and developing the roll out of MTM resource modelling and have access to the relevant central solutions design methodology. The role will implement and support the operational teams in the identification and development of new best practices, providing costing and developing business concepts into solutions.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Working within the Velocity Strategic Transformational Team ensuring all changes are coherent across the whole supply chain.
* Robust Implementation capability supporting (DHL O2D/JLR A3/SMRT)
* Achieving Industrial engineering standardisation across all sites (Best practices, robust processes and MTM resource modelling methodology)
* Deliver best practice, innovation and operational excellence
* Responsibility for cost down projects delivering projects delivering savings from baseline
* Standardisation and best practice methodology, helping to change the focus from reactive to proactive concept design to delivery across all sites
* Industrial engineering delivery to all DHL I2M/JLR operations including Solihull, Halewood and Castle Bromwich and associated support warehouses including Hams Hall, Midpoint and Tyre Fort with Layouts, resource modelling, line rate increases, shift pattern changes and new model launches.
* Regular communications and reporting, written, verbal and monthly presentations
* Ensure FMEA, Lean Manufacturing Techniques, 5s and Poke Yoke systems are used in all projects.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* GCSE/O Level English & Maths
* Oral communication skills (including attending / leading meetings, simple presentations).
* Written communication skills (including writing appropriate email communications)
* Numerical skills (including the ability to complete and interpret KPI's and Graphs)
* Advanced computer literacy (use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, Internet/Intranet as appropriate)
* Microsoft Excel - Experience with Advanced Formulas and Macros
* Understanding of JIT Manufacturing, FMEA, Lean Methodologies, 5s and Poke Yoke.
* Experience of working in a pressured and highly time-sensitive environment
* University degree level or equivalent
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (Desirable)
* Basic knowledge of performance standards in the areas of Quality (ISO9002) & Environment (ISO4001) (Desirable)
* Good logistics/material supply understanding and/or experience (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79131461