Product Owner Finance Software
Preqin Solutions is seeking a Product Owner for our Product team in London. If you excel at transforming user needs into great software, have a logical, friendly approach, and a strong understanding of cloud technology, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will work with an energetic and intelligent Product team in London, reporting to the Head of Product and collaborating with Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Business Development, and Software Implementation teams. We are looking for curiosity and an interest in working at the intersection of Finance and Technology.
Preqin Solutions is a software company specialised in portfolio company management solutions for Private Equity and Venture Capital. Based in London with offices in New York, Texas, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Hong Kong, Preqin Solutions combines Consulting expertise with technology to provide our clients with a flexible tool for performance monitoring, reporting and valuations.
In 2016, Preqin Solutions (formerly Baxon Solutions) became part of Preqin. This partnership combines the alternative assets expertise of both firms to address the rapidly increasing market demand for transparent, accurate, and actionable data for limited and general partners.
Objectives of the Position
The Product Owner will work as part of the Product team to collaborate with designers, client-facing consultants, and business development to support a user-centric product plan. The Product Owner will manage the Engineering backlog by creating, refining, and prioritising user stories.
Excellent communication, a collaborative approach, and Agile experience are important for this role.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Product to ensure delivery of key product roadmap objectives
- Write and refine user stories for Engineering team
- Manage the Engineering backlog by prioritising and clarifying dependencies between stories
- Conduct user acceptance testing and communicate with existing and prospective clients to gather feedback on new features and designs
- Ensure delivery to the product roadmap
- 1-3 years’ experience as product owner
- B2B focus
- Good understanding of cloud-hosted environments and SAAS platform product offerings
- Proficient at generating high quality documentation including user stories, use cases, flow diagrams and wire-frames
- Experience with Scrum and Agile
- Skill at configuring and troubleshooting software
- Understanding of QA processes
- Ability to follow directions in addition to being independent and able to work efficiently with little supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to forge strong bonds with key stakeholders and speak at different levels of technical understanding
- Bonus potential
- 25 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays)
- Free access to gym and swimming pool in the office building
- Study support for professional training or to gain relevant qualifications
- A challenging job and superior development perspectives in a fast growing, innovative company with room for your own initiative
- The opportunity to challenge yourself while shaping the future of a company
- A working climate based on mutual trust and co-operation
- Working directly with senior level executives
- We are an energetic office with a foundation in innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Standard working hours (full-time, 9.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday)
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79184321