Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Fabrication Engineer to join their team based in Pembridge, Herefordshire. You will work on a full time permanent basis working 39 hours per week and will receive a highly competitive salary of Circa £33,000 inc. shift allowance.
Our client is a market leading manufacturer of premium and high performance rigid insulation products and insulated systems for building fabric and building services applications. Manufacturing excellence, first class customer service and unrivalled expertise in meeting the needs of the market are just some of the many strengths our client offers.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Fabrication Engineer based in Pembridge. As part of the engineering team, you will resolve day to day issues working closely with Production and Engineering to identify improvements to plant reliability, safety and product quality.
Responsibilities a Fabrication Engineer include:
Development and modification of existing mechanical installations and general fabrication duties to plant and site assets. This can involve simple construction of frames and minor structures through to more complex machinery using motor, pneumatic or hydraulic power. Some of the work is from delivered drawings and some needs to be thought through from concept to full fabrication and testing in a live production environment. This work could take place within the engineering workshop or in the production hall.
Skills needed to become a Fabrication Engineer:
- Ability to manufacture plant and equipment,
- The confidence to construct and repair machinery/plant and therefore a technical ability and knowledge of plant and processes is essential.
- Ideally you will hold a degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of a lathe, milling machine and forms of welding (MIG/TIG) and have a sound knowledge and understanding of health and safety at work procedures
- Knowledge of Permit to Work and Hot Working procedures is desirable.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Fabrication Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79189329