Infrastructure Technician – Gloucester – Salary Competitive
We are looking for an Infrastructure Technician to join our clients expanding team. The Infrastructure Team is a fun loving, playful team who like to have a laugh while being for the continued operation of the computer systems and converged voice, video and data networks.
A ‘can do’ attitude is essential to providing technical resource and knowledge across a wide range of technologies and platforms. Team members are encouraged to generate ideas and embrace change within a rapidly evolving environment whilst exhibiting an optimistic approach to improving the way the organisation operates.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the businesses Infrastructure, supporting the user base across multiple locations within the UK and Ireland.
- To design, develop, document, implement and maintain computer systems, aggregated voice, video and data networks, Storage Area Networks and associated services across the business.
- To document, plan and execute small projects actively participating in all phases. Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project. Prepare realistic project plans and track activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate
- To respond promptly to Service Desk incidents and requests providing excellent Customer Service as part of the Business Solutions team
- Work in unison with Business Solutions colleagues, management, external suppliers and business customers to ensure all organisational systems are highly available
- Proactively monitor the performance and security of the systems, databases and networks to eradicate unplanned downtime
- Act as technical and procedural point of referral, providing training where necessary, to support and develop the skills and knowledge of colleagues
- Ensure that all computer systems and networks are designed, developed, implemented and maintained on the correct technical platform (hardware and/or software), according to system requirements, with the correct documentation and change-control procedures in place and adhered to
- Ensure all systems have Disaster Recovery plans in place that have been signed off approved and tested
- Working individually or as part of larger project teams implement improvements and solutions that provide enhanced value to the business
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Likely to be graduate calibre, with proven technical IT experience of specification, design, development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of computer systems and networks.
- Designing, maintaining and supporting secure environments
- Hands on experience with tier 1 hardware (HP / Cisco Networking, Cisco UCS)
- Customer Service
- Self-management of workload planning and prioritisation
- Management of small project implementations
Microsoft & Other Technologies:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- VMWare VSphere 6.0 and above
- Cisco Networking and/or UCS
Hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:00 – 18:00 on a rota basis with the occasional requirement to work until 20:00.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
GB Solutions – Independent Recruitment Specialists acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
For 16 years GB Solutions has provided an unrivalled service whilst developing a team of specialist consultants providing permanent, contract and temporary staff across a vast number of industries. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79187663