Design Engineer - Interior Trim
Design Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading Automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling and coordinating the design and release of components and systems? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in the realisation of interior trim component design & package on all aspects of future vehicle platforms in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings. This role also requires some level of project engineering responsibility.
You will be part of a dedicated, motivated and successful team which offers a dynamic working environment supporting major projects both internally and externally.
- CAD design and modelling of interior trim components components
- Preparation of detailed drawings to drafting standards
- Management of created CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed
- Preparation and of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of lead engineer on a day to day basis
- Review and present design concepts
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings for engineering release.
- Support and/or investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline.
- Previous experience in Catia V5 with automotive experience in component design.
- A working knowledge of Teamcenter would be advantageous although training can be provided.
- Knowledge of interior trim components
- Knowledge of plastic injection moulding components, Vac formed parts, machined metal products and metal bracketry. Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79188789