Accounts / Finance Manager
Our Client, an expanding, forward thinking SME based just north of Birmingham are looking for an experienced Accounts / Finance Manager to join the business.
This is a stand-alone accounts position reporting to the Director, so the successful candidate will need to be confident in their ability, show initiative and have a passion and desire to develop.
A competitive starting salary of £25,000 - £30,000 will be offered depending on the experience of the candidate.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Manage the day to day operation of the accounts function, including Management Accounts, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Purchase Ledger and Payroll.
- Assist Director in providing the information required for the efficient financial management of the business.
- Prepare annual budgets and monitor performance on a month by month basis.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Complete all bank account administration, including posting of receipts/payments, banking cheques and reconciliation.
- Complete quarterly VAT returns, and apply for VAT EU refunds as required.
- Produce cash flow forecasts.
- Be responsible for payroll process, including pensions, reporting payslips and dealing with queries from employees.
- Assist with general administrative duties.
- Complete ad hoc duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the office, including ordering supplies, dealing with IT issues and answering telephone calls.
- Implement and report on KPI's.
- Complete forecasting, budgeting and analysis.
- Ensure that the balance sheet is correctly reconciled and maintained.
- Implement process and systems improvements.
- Evaluate financial performance.
- Identify and reduce bad debt.
- Complete journals, accruals, pre-payments.
- Update fixed asset register.
- Produce spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- A flexible approach to working practice.
- Enthusiasm and determination to succeed.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification, or qualified by experience. Qualification is desirable but not essential as experience is more important for this position.
- A strong ability to build a rapport with people of all levels in various businesses.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive nature.
- Well-presented appearance.
- Pro-active, self-motivated approach with a can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 business and Microsoft Office 2016 Kash Flow and/or sage. Advanced excel skills, including VLookups and Pivot tables.
- Proficiency in recording, analysing and reporting information and results accurately.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A fast work output.
- A hands on approach, with a willingness to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Good prioritisation skills.
- An ability to make quick but good decisions.
- A full UK driving licence (essential.)
Benefits to include:-
- A competitive starting salary of £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm.
- A genuine career development opportunity as the business grows.
- On-going salary reviews based on performance.
- The opportunity to work for a company who value their staff and offer flexibility.
- 20 days’ annual leave plus Bank holidays plus Christmas period close-down.
- Flexibility and autonomy helping to shape a growing SME and this is a hands on position.
- Start date: ASAP.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.