Claims Handler Level 1
The pace of change in insurance means we’re looking for talented, ambitious people who can help strengthen our market position. We now have an exciting opportunity in our Farnborough office as a Claims Handler to join our Public Services team. Would you like to join one of our dynamic teams and be part of our success?
In this role you will be working in Zurich’s housing claims department. You will provide an excellent claims service to our customers through pro-active use of the telephone and world class customer service skills. You will be responsible for handling and resolving a full portfolio of complex claims by investigating, negotiating and finalising claims in line with governance guidelines and your authority limits.
- Promptly handles and positively resolves all enquiries from both customers and external contacts to ensure delivery of a focused claims service.
- Reviews, resolves and proactively finalises claims within authority limits ensuring settlement at an optimum level with consideration to business implications.
- A flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business needs
- Appetite to learn and achieve professional qualifications
- Effective communication skills that allow for positive feedback from team members and colleagues
Your skills and experience:
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a team/team player
- Cope with varying workloads and pressures
- Good negotiation and decision making skills.
- Ability to coach; motivate & develop where appropriate
- Numeracy and literacy skills (to GCSE level/equivalent).
- Relevant experience of working either in general insurance or a customer facing environment
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of a national team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79170430