POSITION: Planning Engineer
JOB TYPE: Permanent
Our Client employ approximately 500 people across the UK and over 1000 people worldwide.
They are a leading global engineering manufacturer of specialist component across various industry sectors.
The planning Engineer will be responsible for determining the best manufacturing processes within the business units, and ensuring that the Production departments are supported with accurate instruction and documentation. You would also be responsible for ensuring that all customers' quality requirements are covered.
- To accurately generate shopfloor production documentation packages for all manufactured parts within the business units
- Transfer all of the required information and quality requirements necessary
- Ensure that manufacturing cycle times are entered accurately for shopfloor scheduling purposes
- Amend details on existing documentation packages while work is in progress, as required by the Planning and Engineering department
- Reviewing and updating routings and documentation packages in line with customer revision changes
- Gather information from the ERP system to put into reports which may be required by any of the departmental functions within the business unit
- Cooperate with the organisation, undertaking any other role given within their capabilities
- Schedule loaded jobs into the Production Schedule, to provide capacity loading information to assist the Production and Sales departments.
- Qualified with a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or Engineering HNC
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings
- Ability to read and understand customer specifications
- Experience within the Oil & Gas industry and the associated quality requirements
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Package
- A willingness to learn and develop as the company and the role grow in the future.
- Knowledge of the Vantage/Epicor software
- Having hands on machining experience, working with exotic alloys
This is a great opportunity for an individual that has already worked within a similar role looking for a new challenge. To apply for the role please forward your CV and covering letter to Javed Khaliq or call for a confidential chat on 01484 645269
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79186566