An opportunity to Excel…
Do you have the formula for delivering an excellent, detail orientated administration service? If so, don’t miss out on this brilliant opportunity to showcase your advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and join the Quality and Compliance department at MEL Chemicals headquarters in Swinton, Greater Manchester. Initially you’ll be employed on a 6-month fixed term contract, which potentially may be extended to 9 months.
Who will I be working with?
Part of Magnesium Elektron Limited and the Luxfer Group, MEL Chemicals is a global producer and supplier of inorganic materials specialising in zirconium based chemicals. The international operation benefits from headquarters in Manchester, along with research and development, and manufacturing across three continents. MEL has a long-established, global reputation for providing products used in a variety of applications including automotive catalysis, electronics, structural and functional ceramics, paper production, chemical catalysis, solid oxide fuel cells, water purification and many more.
The workforce has a relentless drive to make things work, and a passion to achieve high quality standards. The ambitious company values every employee and invests significantly into personal development, nurturing a friendly and supportive culture.
So, what will the role ofCompliance Administrator entail?
Reporting to the Technical Manager, as a Compliance Administrator you’ll be providing procedural support to members of the Quality and Compliance department. This will include core administrative duties such as general filing, and more specialised functional activities such as managing local tracking databases, generating periodic reports, coordinating data and entering data into Microsoft packages. Your duties will include:
- Collating and organising data for raw materials, intermediates and products and support the generation of data for Global Regulatory Compliance obligations
- Supporting the Compliance team in the administration of documentation such as Safety Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets and labels, and keeping accurate records of testing reports, programmes and expenditure
- Compiling data for customer and regulatory submission forms
- Working safely and complying with all company HSE requirements
What will I need in order to be considered for this Compliance Administrator vacancy?
- A degree in any discipline, ideally in a scientific subject
- Proven experience providing general administrative and financial management support
- Excellent levels of IT literacy including intermediate and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Formulae)
- Educated to A Level / HND standard (or equivalent) in IT or a Scientific subject, with at least 5 GCSE A-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Superb problem solving and organisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Quality focused approach with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Confident, professional, and flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude
Experience of using Microsoft SharePoint would be advantageous, although not essential.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000 pro rata, level dependent on qualifications and experience
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed term, 6-month contract (likely to be extended to 9 months)
Location: Swinton (Greater Manchester)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Compliance Administrator vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer MEL Chemicals. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer MEL Chemicals, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79170337