Shift Engineering Supervisor
Shift Engineering Supervisor - Somerset - Permanent - £42,000
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Supervisor to take on a new challenge with a global automation specialist. You will be working alongside state of the art automation machinery within a high volume distribution environment where you'll be applying your expertise across a wide range of plant including fully automated retrieval systems & conveying.
- Provide breakdown & maintenance support across all equipment & software.
- Monitors and ensures a high performing team, controlling maintenance activity to ensure speed of response and engineering standards.
- Supervises external contractors and activity whilst on-site.
- Acts as part of the issue management & internal escalation process regarding all maintenance issues raised by the customer.
- Builds a strong & effective relationship with the customer and site maintenance team in order to provide a first class service.
- Ensures all documentation is completed by the site technicians and adherence to H&S as required.
- Supports the site engineering manager in ensuring highest availability of on-site equipment and machinery.
- Apprentice trained, multi skilled engineer with an electrical bias.
- Qualified to at least NVQ/BTEC Level 3, HNC or HND level in a related engineering subject.
- Knowledge of PLC Control Systems, ideally Siemens S5/S7.
- Holds IEE Wiring Regulations Qualification (17th Edition).
- Previous engineering leadership experience within a related industry such as FMCG, Food, Beverage, Automotive or Packaging.
- Candidates will ideally be qualified to at least I.O.S.H in Health & Safety.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership & communication ability.
A salary of £42,000 is on offer (including Shift premium) and involves working a 12hr continental shift pattern. A company benefit package will be available with further details provided on-application.
To be considered, please apply or contact Gary Crawley, Lead Consultant on 02392 322 372.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79188117