Service and Repair Engineer
Our client is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, they are one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals.
Support to aftermarket service activities for fleet and EIS engines through engineering assessments, reports and manual updates. The job demands working closely with global teams requiring significant team work.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES (Please list in order of priority) Typical Activities expected to be performed by Service/ Repair Engineers:
· In-Service Issue Analysis (Operational/ Maintenance)
· Failure/ Non-conformance Investigation
· Optimization of maintenance activities
· Life Management
· Technical Report writing
· Technical Publication (content) revision
· Repair procedure creation
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS (ESSENTIAL TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
Experience & Knowledge
· In-depth knowledge of gas turbine engines, engine components and their function during engine operation
· Strong gas turbine fundamentals
· In-depth knowledge of working of various engine systems e.g. oil, fuel, air, bleed etc.
· In-depth knowledge of various failure/ deterioration mechanisms leading to component/ system failures or distress
· In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting failures
· In-depth knowledge of various inspection methods including Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques
· Knowledge of various types of repairs which can be applied to components
· Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and their application during component repair.
· B.E. (Mech/ Aero)/ Diploma (Mech)/AME
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRABLE TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
Experience & Knowledge
· Knowledge of overhaul of gas turbine engines
· Good knowledge on part drawing reading and GD&T concepts.
· Good hands on experience in using MS Office ( Word, Excel, Power Point and similar tools)
· Working knowledge of Gas turbines
· Experience in engine assembly/ disassembly and build shop
· Understanding of various delivery excellence and quality control systems
· Knowledge of AS9000 rev C and Six Sigma Tools will be an added advantage
· Qualification in an engineering discipline.
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES (ESSENTIAL TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
· Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
· Working with local teams with different culture
· Team work and working together culture
· Global Mind-set
· Strong time management skills
· Proactive and able to take initiative and work in a fast paced environment
· Promote the culture of Accountability, Change Championship, Team Work and Customer Focus. Flexible in roles
· Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
· Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
· Organisational Agility
· Problem solving ability
· Logical Thinking
· Effective Time management
· Result driven
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit holder.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79182497