Development/Research Technician (CNC Machinest)(7966339
For: Development/Research Technician (CNC Machinist)(7966339
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05994
CNC Machinist - Peterborough - GBP11.13 - GBP16.70 - 12 months
The Meyer-Scott team have been assisting this Global operation to source professionals for many years across all their UK sites. It is easy to see why they are such a successful company to work for. They offer excellent remuneration, opportunities to progress and work in different environments yet still put their people first. Founded over a century ago this business has been making progress possible and driving positive sustainable change on every continent.
They have several UK based facilities, located in Shrewsbury, Desford, Wolverhampton and Peterlee in Durham. From Calgary to Cairo and from Sydney to Salt Lake City, our client operates hundreds of offices and facilities across the world. This client with its global presence, product breadth and financial strength enables them to win in today's competitive marketplaces - just think of the opportunities that would become available to you!
European Research and Development Centre (ERDC) based at the Caterpillar Campus in Peterborough is part of Innovation & Technology Development Division (ITDD) and is dedicated to providing leadership in engine test and development solutions to Perkins Engines. We are currently seeking to recruit a contract Prototype Machinist to join our Prototype Machining Facility to support our continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel Engines
The successful candidate will carry out a number of duties as detailed below. This is a key role that involves the manufacture of high specification prototype components within tight timelines. The ability to work to engineers instructions and drawings, use your own initiative and work with the appropriate people to resolve issues is essential.
· Set-up and operation of various jigs and fixtures
· Operation of manual machines, as the role requires extensive experience with manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, band saws, grinding( surface/cylindrical) and other related equipment and tooling
· Be proficient with the use of all related measuring equipment and tooling
· Follow established processes and procedures for machining components at all times
· Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
· CNC and 3D printing experience would be advantageous
· An understanding of Feature - CAM would be advantageous,
· Safe Working (Ability to work to and adhere to company Safety Policies and Procedures)
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
· Attention to detail, efficiency, and quality
· Communication (Customer facing with regard to work requests)
· Ability to work under own initiative and be self-motivated.
· Contribute to Team Success
· Be supportive of change
· Recognised apprenticeship, City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining
· Relevant experience in machining
Applicants should be willing to work shifts and overtime if required.
Applicants should be aware this is a contract position
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79189874