Mechanical and Design Engineer
Mechanical and Design Engineer is required by chemical/medical device manufacturing company located in Harlow. This role is responsible for creating current and conceptual designs and prototyping.
The Mechanical and Design Engineer requires flexibility with shifting objectives and pace based on meeting milestones supporting group objectives. The engineer will also be responsible for providing technical direction and guidance to other engineers. The position requires knowledge of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles, including concept, design, development, and testing of mechanical assemblies and components, verification and validation, and process and design validation requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Define design and Mechanical systems.
- Generate 3D CAD models.
- Produce product design specifications.
- Development, fabrication & qualification of prototypes for design verification.
- Development and execution of bench tests for prototype performance characterisation
- Project schedule creation and maintenance
- Engineering drawing creation and review
- Preparation and execution of Verification and Validation Testing
- Formal test protocol development, review, and execution
- Participation in design and process FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Product Design History File (DHF) document responsibilities
- Production Design Engineering support as required
- Manufacturing engineering support.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Management of external suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Undertake any other specific tasks as detailed by manager.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a Mechanical Design Engineering discipline
- Solid backgrounds in Mechanical product design.
- Strong background in Physics able to analyse and model system behaviour
- Experience in plastics design, injection moulding and machining.
- Knowledge and experience in transferring designs to manufacturing
- Experience in mechanical design and development of medical devices.
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping, material selection, product design and process specifications.
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma, Design of Experiments, Statistical Analysis, Design for Manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge and experience with medical device materials and biocompatibility testing.
- Experience in mechanical or electromechanical assembly design
- Experience in medical product manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Experience designing products for high-volume manufacturing
- Experience in product design and development in an R&D environment
- Modelling complex mechanical systems to better understand system performance at various stages
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Effective networker, capable of working with external and internal partners
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal). & strong presentation skills
- Communicates enthusiasm to others and achieves change by actively involving and persuading others.
- Behaviours are in line with company values and goals.
- Ability to work within a quality audited system (ISO 13485)
- up to £50,000pa, plus excellent Benefits
- Monday to Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. however flexibility needed to work effectively with the global teams
- Harlow, Essex
Sorry that we cannot contact all of you personally, but thanks in advance for your interest.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79186540