Quality Analyst (CPI Parts Return Coordinator) 11 months
For: Quality Analyst (cpi parts return coordinator)(7965472) 11 months
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05995
CPI Parts Return Coordinator - Peterborough - 11 months - GBP14.50 - GBP21.74 ph
The Meyer-Scott team have been assisting this Global operation to source professionals for many years across all their UK sites. It is easy to see why they are such a successful company to work for. They offer excellent remuneration, opportunities to progress and work in different environments yet still put their people first. Founded over a century ago this business has been making progress possible and driving positive sustainable change on every continent.
They have several UK based facilities, located in Shrewsbury, Desford, Wolverhampton and Peterlee in Durham. From Calgary to Cairo and from Sydney to Salt Lake City, our client operates hundreds of offices and facilities across the world. This client with its global presence, product breadth and financial strength enables them to win in today's competitive marketplaces - just think of the opportunities that would become available to you!
As a parts return coordinator, you will be part of the IPSD (EAME) Service & Customer Support Division, who have responsibility for supporting Our client with engine products, 0.5-18 Litre, in region, across all industry types (machine, industrial, marine, EP, oil & gas, rail). This is a key support role, where you will be leading the global identification, return, tracking and communication of service part returns in direct support of CPI projects across all IPSD-ME product ranges.
Job Duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Responsibility for coordination and tracking of service part returns from the field and analysis associated with active CPI projects, on 0.5-7.1L product range.
Locate relevant parts, globally, as identified by CPI project team and arrange for return using corporate returns processes and methodologies.
Develop, own and maintain processes and documentation relating to CPI part returns, including tracking of parts and supplier reporting status to ensure reports and investigation findings are received on time and to the desired quality and that all PIQ events are updated at each step through to closure.
Creation of field watches to ensure rapid visibility and recovery of identified parts in support of CPi project(s).
Regular communication with CPI project team and supervisor on returns status, per project, including identification of roadblocks or obstacles.
Provide governance to the CPI part returns process, holding internal partners to account for delivering on commitments and responsibilities.
Communicate information in a concise and accurate manner, ensuring velocity is driven through the entire part returns process.
Define and develop best working practices to recover and track parts returned from the field through to supplier analysis reporting.
You will work with and develop collaborative relationships with local, regional and global counterparts, dealers, field personnel, engineering and product groups to ensure key goals and objectives are achieved
Working independently as a CPI project team member, with guidance from Black Belts and Service Engineers, to identify and prioritise part returns, have them investigated through the pre-defined analysis route(s), summarise and communicate findings, ultimately leading to the timely and cost effective resolution of significant field problems.
Key tools and systems used include:
· Cat Send It Back (SIB) part return system/process
· Schooner / Seafoam part tracking software
· CPi tool
· SIMS (Service Information Management System)
· SIS (Service Information System)
· Microsoft excel, power-point and word
· Various database applications, including access and Lotus Notes
· Perkins Warranty System (PWS) and RWA
Success factors for this role include demonstrating excellent process adherence and development skills and effective implementation of project management principles. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting velocity targets and managing multiple priorities. This position must keep up-to date on changing customer needs as projects progress and stay current with any new technology, process or systems development related to part returns.
· Technical background, preferably on diesel engines and systems
· Previous experience in a quality and process driven environment
· Proven, strong organisational, process management and planning skills
· Ability to work under pressure, performing multiple assignments
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and prioritisation skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Strong data analysis and interpretation capabilities
· Previous customer or supplier facing experience
· Engine troubleshooting and fault diagnosis experience
· Ability to build working relationships across multiple business units and departments
· Familiar with company policies and procedures, particularly relating to CPI and product issue investigation and resolution
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79190337