Finance Manager / Senior Book-keeper
Due to retirement this long-standing family business requires a Finance Manager to work with the Accounts and Purchasing teams. This is an important role that includes responsibility for sales and purchase ledger control, VAT reconciliation and cash management. Experience in running company payroll would be an advantage. An interest in wine and spirits would be beneficial but no specific knowledge or experience is required.
SH Jones is a small, friendly business and so personal attributes, flexibility and a willingness to assist wherever required are as important as experience. This position may be suitable for an experienced book-keeper or someone looking for the next stage in their career development.
Specific skills and responsibilities include:
- Purchase ledger control including posting invoices, reconciliation and domestic and international payments.
- Sales ledger control including cash posting, reconciliation and collecting direct debits.
- Bank reconciliation and cash flow management.
- Monthly payroll (Sage software) including PAYE, pensions and expenses.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Journal entries including accruals, prepayments and depreciation.
- Duty and excise management and reconciliation.
The company offers a competitive salary based on skills and experience, contributory pension and bonus scheme as well as preferential pricing on the company’s products.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78452423