A Electrical Buyer requreied for our client who is a Electrical service provider working for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects in and around London.
They currently have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Electrical Buyer to work alongside our estimating & production department, full-time basis working from our office based in Luton.
The successful candidate will ensure they are able to support the business in a time of growth and ensure all budgets are adhered to ensure the company remain competitive within the market. We are therefore looking for someone that has worked within the industry as an Electrical Buyer for at least 5 years.
The role would suit someone that is keen to develop their career in a growing organization. We are therefore looking for someone who is bright, enthusiastic and is willing to develop themselves further.
Reporting to the Operations Director the roles and requirements, and personal specifications for the position are as outlined below.
- To support the procurement team in the development and maintenance of a framework of qualified vendors, to support the raw material, facility and general business needs.
- Raising & negotiating contract documents.
- Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner.
- Compares costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Prepares bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchase of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Build strong supplier relationships, keeping them informed of new products and market trends.
- Maintain material availability data and feed into the production schedule, in conjunction with the wider purchasing team and Production Manager to enable accurate production planning.
- Support the Commercial team with accurate estimates for materials and deliveries to assist the bid and tender process.
What are we looking for?
- Strong team skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines
- Good computer skills
- Previous knowledge of excel & Construct.
The hours are from 8am-5pm 5 days a week with a 1 hour lunch break.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79166892