Financial Accountant Job in Hemel Hempstead, Start immediately, 6 Month Interim Contract
Your new company
This company in Hemel Hempstead are looking for a Financial Accountant to complete a 6 month interim contract with the potential of the position becoming permanent. They are paying a very competitive salary and there will be added bonuses included too.
Your new role
You will be responsible for assisting the Regulatory & Financial Accountant and completing a range of capital financial management and accounting duties. These duties will include:
- Assist the Accountant in the interpretation and proper implementation of legislation, regulations and accounting guidance
- Provide assistance in the accounting for capital assets and liabilities (including capital asset registers or equivalent), capital budget preparation and budget monitoring
- Preparation of capital final accounts, reconciliations and liaising with external auditors
- Assist with the control and accounting for VAT and providing guidance to Council staff and liaising with external clients
- Prepare financial returns, including VAT, to external bodies, resolving any queries or disputes
- Support the production and delivery of a service plan for the service, taking account of the Corporate Strategic Service Improvement Plan, budget, service standards and future developments or trends
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to meet the following criteria to be considered for this role:
- Strong Accountancy knowledge, particularly in respect of Capital Accounting, to draft final accounts preparation stage
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management best practice
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial data
- Qualified by Experience or CCAB Qualified is desired
- Experience working within a local council / public sector or similar environment would be a plus.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a great interim opportunity which will be paying a competitive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79169529