Infrastructure Architect -- MS Amlin - Insurance
Who Are We?
We're a global specialty insurer and reinsurer with over a hundred years' experience in the insurance markets. Our strong foundations and superior financial strength show that we are here for the long-term.
Our track record is built on a proven strategy; encouraging our teams to apply Amlin's successful underwriting formula, incorporating a dynamic approach to risk, all the while developing a geographically diverse global portfolio.
We're also passionate about supporting our professionals with everything they need to deliver a highly focused service to our clients. This includes empowered decision-making, outstanding technical expertise and significant capacity, combined with a strong brand and enviable reputation.
There are compelling reasons for our brokers and clients to work with us; the empowerment and skill of our people, our well capitalised operating platforms, the strength of our ratings, and the locations where we operate to name but a few. The value we add is also reflected in the many industry awards Amlin has received.
We underwrite more than 30 classes of business through three underwriting platforms: Syndicate 2001 at Lloyd's, Amlin AG, Switzerland and Amlin Europe, The Netherlands. Our underwriting teams will help assess where risks can be most effectively placed.
The Role - What Is the Background
- This position will report into the Architecture and Delivery Lead and will work primarily on projects to ensure that infrastructure is delivered to meet current and future business needs.
- The role will ensure that infrastructure is delivered as part of projects that are in line with the broader IT Strategy and the strategic architecture direction defined by the CTO team.
- Both high and low level designs will need to be undertaken within this position.
- Furthermore the role will co-ordinate design activities and work with fellow IT / business stakeholders to provide consistency across all solutions delivered.
- Work with the CTO team to advise when system changes will need to be made.
What Experience are you going to need for this role?
- Experience of working as an infrastructure architect within a regulated environment.
- Experience of leading the design of successful Microsoft based systems using technologies such as: Windows operating system, SQL Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Exchange, SAN Storage in addition to others.
- Experience of working with multiple third parties to develop and then ratify designs, in particular offshore third parties.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and an ability to demonstrate a pro active approach to drive forward the team and improve technical processes.
- Any architecture certifications such as Togaf will be advantageous.
It's an exciting time at MS Amlin with a lot of large scale projects / programmes kicking off as the organisation undergoes transformational change.
If you have the required skills and experience please send your CV and suitable applicants will be contacted accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79183006