Management Accountant (Public Sector)
Our client is looking for a Management Accountant - 6-9 month contract
A leading public sector organisation
As a Management Accountant you will be a key member of the Finance Division and will report to the Head of Management Accounting & Planning but you will also work closely with colleagues within the Finance team who deliver financial accounting functions.
The key duties and responsibilities are:
- Production of monthly management accounts including electronic dissemination of reports;
- Liaising with Budget Holders and Budget managers;
- Supporting the Annual Budget Planning round;
- Line managing 2 members of staff.
The role includes involvement on the Financial Accounting side, most notably supporting the production of the annual accounts. The post holder will play a pivotal role in ensuring close coordination between the management and financial accounting functions within the Division.
The focus has moved away from the production of the monthly corporate finance report towards its interpretation and use as an aid to decision making. The Management Accountant will work with the business to ensure that monthly budget returns are robust, risks identified, anti-fraud arrangements are in place, emerging expenditure trends are identified and explained and strategic financial planning and management is in place.
- Be in possession of a professional accounting qualification Exceptional candidates who are part qualified and have significant relevant experience will be considered;
- Have strong management accounting knowledge and past experience;
- Have experience of, or an aptitude for, working with accounting and other software preferably including Sun Accounting system and Vision/Q&A;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including the use of Excel and Access at an advanced levels;
- A good knowledge of business planning and budget monitoring
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180980