Senior User Experience Designer
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Digital Experience department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
As a Senior User Experience Designer you'll be responsible for creating simple, customer focused digital products and services for Leeds Building Society. You will design your solutions using User Centred Design thinking to ensure the Society create Digital experiences that meet the needs and expectations of its members. The Senior User Experience Designer will help set the vision and direction of the User Experience for projects (small, medium & large), communicating clear goals and ensuring delivery is carried out in accordance with the specification and Experience Principles.
- Play a key role in creating compelling Digital User Experiences
- Bring your ideas to life through sketching and prototyping using industry standard tools
- Gathering and evaluating customer needs, behaviours, motivations and preferences
- Analyse research and help to distil results into clear and compelling materials (task/user flows, journeys and experience maps)
- Run workshops and interviews with key business contacts and other internal stakeholders
- Document experiences by creating and presenting personas, information architecture, sketches, wireframes, blueprints, prototypes, reports and other deliverables
- Ensure deliverables meet both business objectives and the needs of our customers.
- Practice User Experience Design activities across the Discovery, Define, and Design phases
- Help to identify opportunities for better user experience journeys
- Present work by explaining the problem, opportunity, collaborative process, justification and technical considerations contributing to the design solution
Skills & Experience
- Broad experience of industry standard experience design / UX, methodology and tools and successful management and delivery of experience design elements of medium to large projects
- Significant experience within a fast-paced commercial digital environment within a User Experience design practice. This could include user research, requirements gathering, collaborative workshops and other Experience Design techniques
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing / Creative topic , Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Interaction Design, or a related field
- Demonstrable ability to translate key business objectives into design solutions that communicate effectively and engagingly with customers
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage stakeholders
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage and own multiple competing deliverables.
- Have proven skills in, storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting
- Be able to demonstrate a good manner with internal clients; be thoughtful, measured, persuasive and good at listening. Ultimately, we'll want our clients to feel you've helped facilitate the right choice
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Annual volunteering day
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Leeds Colleague Association scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle flex scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life assurance
- Long service awards
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Travel ticket loans – bus and train
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home. We've won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We've also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. .
- Click “Please Apply” below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79175670