Finance Administrator - Purchase Ledger
Finance Administrator – Purchase Ledger
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Working as part of a small office based team the job involves working with the UK Finance team and Operation team, to proactively add-value to the accounts payable process.
Our client has now grown to a sufficient size to recruit an individual to focus and develop the purchase ledger and assist the finance function.
Currently, circa 1000 suppliers, expenditure is circa £3m. The business has ambitious growth plans, which could double the expenditure over the next 5 years. This will also result in an opportunity to drive controls/efficiencies in the accounts payable processes, which in turn will directly benefit the business.
- Enter and process Supplier invoices and credit notes – reconciling to purchase requests.
- Maintain and operate an efficient and effective purchase ledger system (Manual and SAGE200).
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements and proactively resolve discrepancies to conclusion.
- Prepare reports to drive, control and improve cash flow and margins.
- Use initiative to suggest improvements in procurement/supplier arrangements.
- Process and control business expense returns in a timely fashion (currently spreadsheet driven)
- Processing and reviewing the purchase ledger payment run on a weekly basis ready for the BACS payment.
- Communicate and liaise with all key Suppliers to ensure invoices are received in a timely manner with correct and meaningful information useful for the finance department.
- Control and Liaise with Operations department to ensure accuracy of job codes and nominal codes and approval by appropriate person.
- Reconcile aged creditors to Sage nominal on a monthly basis.
- Identify all Direct Debits and Standing orders and reconcile to cash book.
- Review Credit card usage and move to bank payment facilities.
- Review of supplier payment terms.
- Understand and own the VAT treatment in supplier accounts.
- Assist with Month End preparation and procedures.
- To work within the systems/procedures in place in working towards the ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
- Any other duties as requested by the Finance or Managing Director.
Quality and Skills requried:
- Experience of working within a finance department
- Depth of knowledge and experience in accounts payable
- Proactive nature and use of initiative
- Attention to detail and a drive to increase standards of information
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good communication and listening skills
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Experience of Sage 200
- Experience of working with complex supplier accounts
- Experience of working with EU VAT
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78229815