Head of Service Charge Accounts - Residential Block - London
Head of Service Charge Accounts - Residential Block - London. Our Client, an expanding Property Management firm with over £3 Billion worth of assets under management in the UK and USA covering Commercial and Residential properties and they are looking for a Head of Service Charge Accounts to manage a team of 7 people in London. This role offers interaction with Executive management and an opportunity to develop and improve processes and procedures.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the department on a day-to-day basis, making sure both statutory and other deadlines are met.
- Overseeing and assisting two supervisors who manage the preparation of commercial and residential service charges.
- Reviewing a sample of service charge demands before they are audited and/or issued to leaseholders and tenants.
- Managing and overseeing external audit process of service charge statements.
- Providing technical input and use knowledge and judgement to solve complex issues which inevitably arise in preparation of service charge statements, including around reserve funds and allocations
- Managing and resolving challenges and enquiries from leaseholders and tenants in conjunction with managing surveyor.
- Overseeing preparation and maintenance of budgets.
- Overseeing or undertaking other ad-hoc tasks and projects that arise from time to time.
The Person: To apply, you MUST have 8+ years' worth of Property/Service Charge Accounting experience with at least 2+ years 'hands on' exposure to managing a team as clear vision of how a first-class service charge department should operate is key and the ability to lead, motivate and develop colleagues is paramount. The successful candidate will also have experience of RICS Code of Practice and relevant Landlord and Tenant Acts as well as have good property systems knowledge (Qube, Tramps, Yardi, etc.).
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79185117