Lead Electrochemical Engineer
A leading sustainable technologies company are looking for a Lead Electrochemical Engineer to support Quality Control and Application testing associated with product development activities. Experienced in processing Nickel battery materials into electrodes and assessing performance.
Commutable from: Middlesborough, Hartlepool, Darlington, Newton Aycliffe
Suitable for: Lead Electrochemical Engineer, Senior Electrochemical Engineer, Electrochemical Engineering Manager, Electrochemical Engineering Lead
- Lead Electrochemical Engineer with battery materials testing experience to take a key role in coordinating the Quality Control (QC) and Application testing associated with product development activities. The Company has recently invested in electrochemical testing facilities and further expansion of capabilities is planned as a key part of broader multi-site application testing programme. Application testing is critical to understanding and improving their battery materials, and the Lead Electrochemical Engineer will take an active role in bringing best practice in house, enabling rapid materials assessment under a range of test protocols and supporting strategic customer programmes.
- The Lead Electrochemical Engineer will execute the day-to-day electrochemical testing of materials manufactured and under development, related to technology industrialisation and process innovation programmes.
- The Lead Electrochemical Engineer will lead the day-to-day Application/Electrochemical testing of materials produced by our Nickel-based cathode technology team related to technology industrialisation and product innovation programmes
- Maintain and expand the capabilities of their best-in-class electrochemical facility, ensuring adherence to SOPs and promoting continual improvement strategies across multiple worldwide sites, whilst respecting change management procedures.
- Support customer site tours
- Maintain rigorous and traceable QC documentation; concomitant data capture and management
- Generate standardised electrochemical performance reports, extracting key insights and inputting to product release sign-off in support of the Commercial team; generate bespoke reports for senior management on request.
- Graduated with a PhD in Chemistry or Electrochemistry; alternatively, demonstrable experience in related field
- Experienced processing secondary battery materials into electrodes and testing in various cell formats
- Enthusiastic to drive application understanding and accelerate product development through rigorous testing of formulated products.
- Strong appreciation for the value of Quality systems
- Strong communication skills to relay and obtain buy-in on results across sites and within broader team
- Demonstrable experience in handling large data sets (experience with automating evaluation will be viewed as advantageous) and generating high quality, timely reports with clear attention to detail
To apply send your CV to Kelly Snelling or contact Kelly to discuss further 07880 193029.
If this role is not for you but may suit someone you know, we offer a worthwhile referral incentive (a £300 gift card of your choice or Charitable Donation) as a thank you. Please contact us or visit our website for details.
Equally to see the full and latest spread of roles currently being handled by Consilium Recruit, be it Permanent, Contract or Interim across all sectors, please visit, or even better bookmark our web site for future reference.
Established in 2001, Consilium Recruit is an award winning technical through to executive recruitment consultancy that partners world class Automotive, Aerospace, Energy, and Manufacturing & Engineering organisations worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180089