Powertrain / Future Tech Development Engineer
Powertrain / Future Technologies Development Engineer
Redditch, Coventry, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Rugby, Nuneaton
£ 32,000 - £ 36,000 + Excellent Benefits.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this newly created Powertrain Future Technologies Development Engineer role is a fantastic opportunity to join a celebrated Global niche manufacturer of cutting edgeautomotive powertrain components for the Passenger Car and Commercial vehicle markets.
To act as liaison between Research & Development, and Technical Engineering teams in the development of cutting edge gasoline engines.
You will be in analysing current and future technology legislation and trends specifically around the development of ceramics and polymers.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
- Gathering / Collating / Linking powertrain (system and component) technology trend information and EU legislation change information.
- Summarising this information into a coherent chronological time line and communicate to colleagues.
- Investigate fundamental mechanisms behind future powertrain technologies including system behaviour, control requirements including technology and materials requirements.
- Minimum Masters in Mechanical Engineering or alike
- Relevant engineering experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink Modelling & Scripting in Matlab/Simulink
- Combustion system development / R&D coupled with Control system development in an area of automotive engineering, ideally Powertrain
- A thorough understanding of a INCA, INTECRIO, ASCET tools
- Understanding of EU automotive technology trends.
- Track record of delivering projects.
- Proficient in office tools (e.g. Word, Excel).
- Good communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned and developer of cutting edge Powertrain technologies within this globally recognised company.
The Way Forward:
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Powertrain / Future Technologies Development Engineer please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Phil Sims, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2431 PS
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive recruitment specialists for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.