Conduct Risk Governance Manager
Conduct Risk Governance Manager
Location: Bristol - Commutable from Swindon, Wiltshire, Bath, Somerset and Gloucester
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Ambridge Harris have been instructed to work with a market leading company, to appoint a Conduct Risk Governance Manager for their established but growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity responsible for supervising the Conduct Governance function within the organisation. The main objective of this function is to ensure that the firm has an adequate control framework to meet its Conduct Risk obligations. This includes the design of operational processes that are in place to consider and manage Conduct Risk, together with the provision of appropriate staff training to embed a culture where the client is considered throughout the decision making process.
The role holder will have direct accountability for maintaining effective business relationships together with the provision of Conduct Risk advice that enables management to meet their/the firms Conduct Risk regulatory obligations associated with the Financial Conduct Authority and if appropriate, help implement improvements to the Conduct Risk framework.
This global, modern and established administration company are looking after 16,000 clients. There's a lot on offer including a state of the art office, parking, local shuttle bus, onsite gym, on site restaurants, friendly and supportive team. They may be one of the largest companies in their field but they've not forgotten their friendly, down to earth culture throughout all job functions.
You will report to the Senior Conduct Risk and Governance Manger.
* Supervise the Conduct Risk Governance, Monitoring and Oversight Functions, allocating work and monitoring the performance of allocated staff to ensure work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
* Develop, coach and mentor junior members of the team.
* Review and approve CIS Conduct Policies, ensuring they remain complete and fit for purpose.
* Provide specialist advisory support to internal clients on a daily basis to ensure that there is no misalignment between policy and practice.
* Review and approve Conduct Risk training material to ensure content remains current and relevant for the audience.
* Support management if Conduct Risk matters materialise that are outside of the firms risk appetite.
* Provide monthly Management Information to the Senior Conduct Risk and Governance Manager on activities completed by the team to demonstrate all objectives are being met.
Skills/Experience & Competencies:
* University Degree or equivalent qualification/experience
* Working towards Professional Qualifications
* Experience of Conduct Compliance
* Good knowledge of operational processes within financial services
* Sound understanding of UK Regulations (particularly COBS)
* Experience in Training and delivering business advice.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref - 22127
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79175904