Internal Audit Manager
Your new company
A well known national company based in the Swindon area offering excellent career prospects and low level UK travel in this Internal Audit Manager role reporting to the CFO.
Your new role
You will direct the activities of the Internal Audit function across the business, plan and execute a programme of internal audits to ensure the key controls necessary to protect the integrity of financial transactions and assets are in place and effective (including compliance with the UK Corporate Governance code)The role also involves ensuring a strong link between the corporate risk register and the internal audit programme, working closely with functional teams to prioritise limited resource and provide a value added service You will support and coordinate the risk assessment and risk management processes across the functions, reporting on strategic risks and mitigating actions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Internal Auditor/ACA qualification
- Strong knowledge on concepts related to 'internal controls'
- Experience to work with all levels of internal staff and challenge when required
- Experience of working with and managing different specialist audit and controls advisory providers
- To promote the profile of Internal Audit through sharing best practice
- Outstanding communication skills and the credibility to effectively build relationships with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- There will be some travel to another UK site (about once a week)
What you'll get in return
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package including a car allowance and bonus scheme and range of other benefits
Career prospects in this role are excellent- it is envisaged that the person will move in to a Controllership role within the business in about 2 years.
Travel will be on average 1 day a week or 2 days a fortnight with an overnight stay to another UK location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180705