Underwriting Accounting Manager - Lloyd's Insurance Market
Leading Lloyd's market insurer are seeking an Underwriting Accounting Manager
You will lead the Underwriting Accounting Team, which is responsible for the production and analysis of GAAP and Solvency II underwriting information. The team is also responsible for a large amount of the Management reporting that is used to support the development of the business.
To lead process improvement and generate reporting efficiencies.
This role is integral to ensuring the complete, accurate and timely provision of actual, plan and forecast information, which is used by numerous stakeholders in the business.
Responsibilities will include
- Managing the Underwriting Accounting Team and the maintenance, development, control and operation of the Group's underwriting models.
- To be responsible for the production of complete, accurate and timely GAAP underwriting accounting results for actuals, plan and forecast.
- To manage the production of Solvency II technical provisions and to enhance the team's ability to meet growing Solvency II reporting requirements.
- To identify and lead the development, testing and implementation of process improvements relating to the production of financial information and to automate where possible.
- Management of the Underwriting Accounting team will involve giving ownership to individuals to encourage, motivate and promote development.
- Develop and enhance the Underwriting Accounting team's ability to meet the requirements of key stakeholders in the business.
- Ownership of the Underwriting Accounting financial controls framework, ensuring necessary reconciliations are performed on a regular basis and that exceptions are identified and addressed.
- To complete team performance reviews in a timely manner, providing direction for the team, setting clear objectives and priorities, providing feedback on performance and establishing clear development plans.
- To ensure employees have full awareness of the training programme and undertake training modules in line with HR policy.
- To maintain and produce (where required) clear documentation of processes for the Underwriting Accounting team.
- To provide support to the Syndicate Finance Manager and Head of Syndicate Finance as required.
- To support ad hoc requests for information on the performance of the key operating entities.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects where necessary, including the ongoing IFRS 17 assessment & implementation project.
The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) with at least 5 years insurance accounting experience, preferably gained within the Lloyd's market.
For more information please call Mark Brady on 0207 481 8111, alternatively
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180801