Engineering Project Manager - Electronics
The Engineering Project Manager - Electronics leads and partners with local and worldwide cross-functional teams to develop and meet project schedules from inception to completion, assuring satisfactory completion. This role is based in West Sussex.
My client is a US Business that develops power and control technologies for the manufacture of semiconductors, flat panel displays, data storage products, solar cells and architectural glass. They are currently expanding and looking for an Engineering Project Manager - Electronics to support them at their site in West Sussex.
The Engineering Project Manager - Electronics role plans, leads and executes Engineering projects. This position leads and partners with local and worldwide cross-functional teams to develop and meet project schedules. This role manages and monitors projects from inception to completion, assuring satisfactory completion and coordinates with all functional departments and with upper level management. It is responsible for planning, leading and execution to project budgets in excess of £1M.
- Manage multiple, concurrent product development and/or sustaining projects while providing leadership, technical work direction and mentoring for local and global teams, including contractors and other purchased services
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports and assess performance to the objectives
- Work with marketing and customers to understand customer needs and develop product concepts that meet these needs
- Develop and monitor budgets related to specific projects and align with product line management
- Track and analyze critical program parameters to improve product development processes and quality
- Uncover and assess projects risks and develop effective mitigation plans
- Work within a structured ISO 9001 development process
- Manage, provide work direction and mentor engineers, technicians, and interns
- Work with manufacturing locations and supply chain groups to implement cost reductions, manufacturability improvements, and quality improvements for existing products
- Interact with other departments and teams to achieve objectives and improve processes
- Regularly report project status; develop metrics and goals to monitor performance and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works in a standard office environment and engineering lab, uses lab equipment
- Domestic and International travel of up to 25%
- Interfaces with internal customers in all functional areas and may interface with external customers
Education & Track Record
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology (or equivalent) in a high tech engineering environment
- Proven track record in leading/managing through influence on projects
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills
- Technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge in related field.
- Prefer good track record of leading/managing people and projects (indirect + direct)
- Knowledge in successfully managing cross-functional teams
- Developed and executed project to allocated budgets
- PMI Certification
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Well organized and disciplined
- Ability to make independent decisions with initiative and tact.
- Must be able to interact with people at all levels and locations in the organization.
- International awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage timelines
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (including Project and Visio) and SAP
A competitive salary with excellent benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79172091