Direct Relationship Manager - Business Banking
The Relationship Manager (Direct) role is based within HSBC Business Banking - Commercial Banking UK
Through Business Banking (BB) our global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to- end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
The role of the Relationship Manager (Direct) is a full relationship management role to engage with our existing and prospective customers to help them realise their ambitions. Your key aim as a Relationship Manager with HSBC will be to act as a trusted advisor to our customers with a turnover of up to c.6.5M. You will also be responsible for customer service excellence to our existing and prospective customers. You will be responsible for an assigned portfolio of c.285 Direct Business Banking customers where you will identify appropriate products, services and lending opportunities to meet your customers' needs. Primarily contact with your customers will be via Telephone and Video Conferencing but with an opportunity to meet with clients at locally arranged events where possible.
When joining HSBC you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with professional tailored development opportunities, this includes training to build your knowledge and internal career opportunities which will allow you to progress your career with HSBC. We can offer you competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We also welcome part-time applications and offer flexible working arrangements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank's profile in the local business and wider community
- Acting as a Direct Relationship Manager by offering value-added advice to customers and placing their needs at the forefront of our activity, setting world class standards
- Completing full strategic business reviews and proactively contacting your existing and prospective customers
- Adhering to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation, financial crime and regulatory risk
- Working collaboratively with product areas and local face to face Relationship Managers and Business Specialists
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Worked in a relevant environment/s, i.e. Customer Service/Relationship Management
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Financial Services
- Experience of scored lending and discussing tangible security
- Excellent organisational skills
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- Experience of building and managing complex relationships with customers
- Experience of effectively using your knowledge of credit products, processes and risks to make fair and informed lending decisions that meet customers' needs
- A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services
The base location for this role is Birmingham.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79177533