Head of IT - London - £80,000
Head of IT - London - £80,000 - £85,000 - saas, iso 27001, support, saas, cloud, digital
My client is an innovator in messaging and communications, enabling the world's largest brands to understand and connect more closely with today's connected consumers
The Head of IT Role
The Head of IT is the global executive responsible for bringing order and efficiency to multiple facets of the organisation including all internal IT functions as well as security and governance. As the commoditization of IT continues at increasing rate, the Head of IT must remain agile, pragmatic and business savvy. They cannot be rooted in old school IT management but must lead the charge in the adoption of new approaches to global operations. With more software companies transitioning from traditional on-premise deployment models to recurring revenue based SaaS offerings, the Head of IT must also ensure that revenue is protected through excellence of services offerings, the security of customer data and maintaining the trust aspects of the company with customers.
- Operational and strategic responsibilities of the organization's IT infrastructure are under Head of IT's ownership, including but not limited to: All company wide information systems
- Implementation and management of an efficient and integrated information strategy encompassing business intelligence solutions and a data driven strategy
- 24x7 operational support of IT systems, including such things as HR systems, Payroll, Email, Laptops/Desktops, etc. (This is not current 24/7)
The effective Head of IT is someone who has extensive experience in global operations of a SaaS based vendor is this required as the services provided are industry standard services? . Because the Head of IT interacts with all execs and senior managers, they must exhibit personal, business and technical skills, calling upon each to determine the best course of action to ensure 'the lights stay on' within the organization and to ensure that the IT and SaaS operations strategy is fully aligned with all stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must exhibit a proven track record of:
- Multiple years of operations ownership within a SaaS Organization, preferably with experience of building the operational team from scratch where necessary as either a new offering or as a team restart.
- Cost effective gaining of industry certifications pertinent to the industry such as SOC1+2 and ISO27001 to assist customer acquisition without stifling the ability of the company to operate.
- Continual improvement of procedures and operations in line with, but not necessarily unbreakable tied to ITIL standards
- Global team management, uniting disparate backgrounds and cultures
- Management of major budgets including all IT spend, payroll and facilities costs, including generating business cases for new investments and strategies
- Successful implementation of innovative, cost effective enterprise programs in support of individual or all lines of business including sales support, BYOD programs and collaborative technology.
- Cost savings measures through retirement of existing solutions.
- Setting global strategies that support sales and customer engagement
- Being able to operate in fast paced, global environments where strategies continually refined and adjusted.
- A continual simplification of the corporate IT landscape through the implementation of SaaS/Cloud based business solutions while balancing the overall operational rigour of the company, adherence to customer privacy requirements and costs.
The Head of IT is a global role and the successful candidate must therefore have proven experience of working across multiple time zones, cultures, language and functional areas. The ability to work remotely from other executives will be seen as beneficial but not mandatory.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79190738