Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
South West (Worcester, Somerset, Bristol, Welsh Borders)
£30,000 – £36,000 + Company Car + OTE 40K
ATA Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a highly successful Midlands based engineering business that specialise in the design, assembly, installation and service of special purpose CNC machinery used in a wide variety of sectors. The company have 40 staff and an annual turnover of £10 million.
As a company they have grown from £5million in 2009 and have more than doubled the size of their service team in that period.
They currently have 12 field service engineer who are responsible for both the installation and planned service of the machinery that they sell. Due to continued business growth they are now looking to recruit a new Field Service Engineer based in the South West in and around the Bristol, Worcester, Somerset and Welsh Border region.
The company look for either Field Service Engineers or Maintenance Engineers with an electrical qualification who want to carve out a career in Field Service and want to join a business with a proven track record in their market who offer excellent training and development to their staff. The company are happy to look at engineers with CNC experience and from outside the industry who want to learn.
The company are looking to fill this position urgently so please apply online for immediate consideration.
The role of Field Service Engineer will involve:
- Working from home carrying out installation, breakdown repair and PPM of CNC Machinery used in a wide variety of manufacturing sectors.
- Planned services are carried out at intervals typically of six or twelve months and are arranged in advance.
- You will also carry out installation of newly sold machinery in installation teams at sites across the UK.
- Mechanical work is pneumatic and involved the cleaning and replacing of parts during PPM’s.
- The majority of the breakdown work is electrical which could be fault diagnosis to understand if a switch, motor, inverter or sensor is faulty.
- Training is carried out by shadowing another engineer on an install or service job and can also include trips to the manufacturers abroad for their training. The company also has the opportunity to take you to their Midlands workshop at their head office for product training.
- You can expect to be away from home an average of two nights per week. Most service week will be carried out within a 90-mile radius of your home base but reactive breakdown calls can be further afield.
The company have an excellent training matrix that they use to develop and train the team.
To be successful as a Field Service Engineer you will need:
- An electrical qualification.
- Experience in the service or maintenance of bespoke machinery or production line machinery.
- Good electrical fault-finding skills.
- To be happy to stay away from home for installation work.
- To be willing to take on board all the training and development the company can offer.
- You will be joining a company that has experienced tremendous growth in recent years.
- £30,000 – 35,000 basic salary
- Company Car with preferable fuel rates for private use.
- Fantastic internal training and development.
- The opportunity to add to your basis salary with overtime.
Interested in the Field Service Engineer role?
Please apply online, email your CV to or call me in confidence on.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79170885