Our client is working for a very interesting customer, who have a range of some of the more interesting roles within the market. This role will require you to obtain high level security clearance prior to start (this would be sponsored by the client).
- Experience in large Data Centre/Enterprise environment
- Good verbal and Written Communication.
- Well versed with Infrastructure Management
- Working on Incidents, Service Requests etc., and handling escalated issues and Service Improvements plans.
- An interface with Customers and Service Management personnel is expected
- Good Team player - work with senior team members, conduct technical sessions, mentoring team members
- Identifying improvements to service is expected from the role.
Technical skills (knowledge in as many of the following areas - this is an extensive list and the client does not expect you to have knowledge in all of the below areas):
- Build, Manage and Configure server environments (up to and including 2012R2)
- Have a working knowledge of clustered environments.
- Design, Sizing and Implementation of Virtualization Platforms like VMware for Server Virtualization
- Install and Configure VCenter and other related VSphere components
- Setup, Install and configure ESX/ESXi 4/5/5.5/6 servers
- Setup, Install and configure standard and distributed virtual switches
- Assign storage LUNs to ESX hosts, creating data stores
- Image management, taking snapshots and restoring VMs from backup
- Understanding of the pre-requisites for P2V migrations, Plan and carry out P2V migration
- Troubleshooting problems related to P2V migrations, identifying and implementing resolutions
- VSphere problem determination and root cause analysis
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting of ESX/ESXi server environment though GUI & command line
- Troubleshooting storage level issue ISCSI/FC/HBA related
- Monitoring & Managing the Vcenter & ESXI logs.
- Configuring and Customization for the Auto install VM Configuring Vcenter convertor & any other converting tools e.g. Platesspin
- Configuring host profiles & Auto Install of ESXI servers work with VMware support for troubleshooting support issues.
- VSphere system administration and support including Vmotion, Storage Vmotion, HA, DRS, FT
- Good with PowerCLI scripting
- Performance tuning of VMware servers
- Health check for VMs and ESX host
Opportunity will utilises DV level clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926399