EMC TEST ENGINEER
EMC Test Engineer
£25,000 – £34,000 + Pension + 25 days holiday
ATA Recruitment are currently working with a highly experienced worldwide business employing over 2,000 staff with a turnover in excess of $1 Billion. The company provide bespoke mechanical, electronic and electrical testing services to clients in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Marine and many other industries. The business has gone through incredible growth through the acquisition of other businesses making them one of the very largest test companies in the world.
The company has several test laboratories across the UK with the Dorset location being heavily focussed on EMC Test for commercial and military products such as laptops, vehicle control systems, WIFI routers and phones. The business currently has a team of 10 engineers and they are now looking to add and additional EMC Test Engineer due to recent growth.
The role of EMC Test Engineer will involve:
- Carrying out EMC tests on commercial products.
- Susceptibility & Immunity tests – firing radiation at the product to see if it interferes with its working operations.
- EMC Emissions Tests – Checking the natural levels of radiation the product gives out.
- Keeping customers informed of the progress of EMC Tests when at site.
- Writing of all the EMC test reports and feeding back issues post-test to the client.
- The use of electronic test equipment such as Spectrum Analysers and Signal Generators.
To be successful as a EMC Test Engineer you will need:
- An electronic qualification.
- A good understanding of electronic principles (reactance, capacitance and inductance).
- A desire to become an EMC Test Engineer and become an expert in your field.
- To be happy to work morning or afternoon shifts when workload is high.
- You will be joining one of the biggest test companies in the UK who can offer you a great deal of training and development.
- Opportunity to progress to senior roles in the future.
Interested in the EMC Test Engineer position?
Please contact Stewart Jackson on or email alternatively click the ‘apply’ button below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79169151