IT Desktop Support Assistant
Ultimate Products Ltd (Retail Consumer Goods Brand House and PLC business) is currently experiencing fantastic success off the back of our branded strategy and has seen turnover rise from £50m to £110m in just 3 years. As a result the Company is currently on a recruitment drive to expand its core departments and support the upcoming business expansion including roles as a IT Desktop Support Assistant.
Working within this role you will provide essential support to the IT team in various aspects, allowing other team members to allocate time to project work. The role also includes providing day to day desktop support to over 200 users. Jobs will be allocated using the IT Ticket system, which must be updated accurately as work is completed so that users are informed of progress.
- Assisting with general desktop support queries focused around a Microsoft environment
- Building and deploying client machines for new starters in line with IT policies
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous availability of IT services
- Assisting with iPad and iPhone queries and providing support, guidance and training to other members of staff
- Supporting Avaya PBX phone system – ensuring users’ desk phones are working properly and assist with any desk moves
- Assist with project related work including infrastructure and application development
- If you’re looking to gain hands on experience within a dynamic and growing international business, our roles offer a unique opportunity for practical experience, career progression and professional development. This is an ideal role for someone wanting to develop their knowledge and skills within the field of IT support and infrastructure.
- Recent IT or Computing degree (or equivalent) is desirable, preferably at 2:1 or above.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Windows 7/10, Server 2008 R2/2016 and Office 2016 (essential).
- Active Directory maintenance
- Exposure to virtual infrastructure and VMWare
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- VBA programming (desirable)
- Understanding the of basic networks (essential)
- Knowledge in Apple OSX environment (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to interact with users on a regular basis
- At least 1 year’s work experience ideally within an office environment
- Mature and able to work in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Lives locally or willing to commute
The role offers a competitive salary package, additional benefits and great career progression.
Fit our criteria?
To apply, please submit CV and covering letter to Craig Holden, HR Director.
Based in Greater Manchester, Ultimate Products has experienced huge growth on account of its branded strategy, adding brand names such as Beldray , Russell Hobbs , Progress and Salter to our extensive portfolio. With a focus on branded products including Housewares, Electrical and Audio items, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our retail customers include Asda, Tesco, B&M, Matalan and TK Maxx. Visit our website for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79175555