Elite 3E Developer
Elite 3E Developer
As a 3E Developer, you will be responsible for architecting performant, scalable and robust 3E system solutions using VB.Net, Excel VBA, SQL and XML technologies including XSLT. You will also identify potential technical risks at the documentation and design stages and mitigate against them by understanding the context of a solution and highlight the impact of design decisions on Elite 3E and other systems. You will work collaboratively with functional experts to comprehend requirements and ensure all technical aspects of projects are delivered as planned. You will liaise with external software suppliers (particularly Thomson Reuters) to develop, implement and troubleshoot Elite 3E solutions and issues.
The role will be varied and include:
- Development of Elite 3E system to meet business requirements.
- Invoice template development using both Crystal Reports and Design Gallery.
- Development of finance reporting using both SSRS and 3E’s reporting function.
- Integration of 3E with other systems.
- Assisting with the upgrade of the 3E system to the latest release.
- Liaising with stakeholders at all levels of the business to define and develop 3E based solutions to business problems.
- Implement appropriate testing and quality assurance.
- Ensure that all development work is accurately and thoroughly documented and that the firm's standards in regard to security, architecture and design and adhered to.
- Work with product vendors to apply fixes, updates and to fix faults.
- Functional experience in all phases of the development life cycle and a proven consultative approach.
- Assist with 3rd line support where necessary.
- Liaise appropriately with Operations, Service Desk and Change Management staff as appropriate to ensure a smooth deployment to live operation.
- Work closely with all members of the IT department to provide a complete and cohesive IT service to our customers.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Key Skills & Experience Required
Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team of analysts and programmers, including use of version control, coding standards, testing and peer review.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience
- Elite 3E 2.6 or above
- Elite 3E IDE 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7
- 3E web services
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and above
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2008 and above
- XML/ XSLT and XPath.
Desirable but not essential skills
- Elite Design Gallery
- Experience of upgrading 3E to a latest release
- IntApp Integrate
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926008