Senior - Database & Server Administrator
Database & Server Administrator (DBA), Job, Permanent, £60k, Canary Wharf, Investment Management
A leading Investment Management Powerhouse based in Canary Wharf are looking for a Database & Server Administrators (DBA's).
You will a team which provides database and server administration, tuning and maintenance, with the mainframe side responsibilities being much broader than just data administration and cover many aspects of server administration.
You will have strong, 'Senior SME' level hands-on technical skills related to the Unisys mainframe (DMSII - current version) and have;
- Thorough knowledge of DMS tools and administration tasks (such as DBA Tools, reorganisations, etc.)
- Good understanding of the MCP Operating System
- Good understanding of Networking
- Good understanding of the SAN environment (EMC VMAX), geo-clustering, SnapVX, BCV and SRDF
- Good knowledge of Backup, Restore and DR processes/design (DMS Utility and BCA)
- Good knowledge of performance monitoring, performance analysis and capacity planning using tools such as GPM and Workload Manager
- Experienced with MSSQL
In return you will be able to work for a leading investment management firm with a generous salary and benefits and bonuses package.
If you're interested in this role, either click 'apply now', call 0203 465 0121 or forward on an up-to-date CV
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79167387