Data Governance Manager
The Data Governance Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Data Governance requirements through facilitating cross-function collaboration; promoting data as a valuable asset; monitoring accountability in the business and transparency of required Data Governance policies.
- Define standards, policies & processes to manage quality, security & availability of data company-wide
- Maintain & monitor each policy & report key findings ensuring transparency on compliance company-wide
- Identify where UK&I, or local, policies/processes are required to support good Data Governance practice
- Support the development of data use in conjunction with Customer Insight, Marketing and IT teams to enhance Dixon Carphone’s data strategy and to drive business growth and innovation
- Monitor accountability for Data Governance in the UK&I business to ensure there is evidence of a clear line of accountability to the Board
- Advise on implementation of Data Security and Data Protection policies
- Monitor the ability of the business to maintain data which is available, accurate, complete and able to be discovered within required timescales
- Provide SME support and monitor business compliance with the Data Governance directive
- Together with L&D, oversee and drive completion of training across the UK&I business and 3rd parties
- Monitor the collection of consent, where required, for the UK&I business’ use of data
- Oversee, monitor and drive the adoption and embedding of data governance requirements through change processes by providing input to strategic change programmes/ projects
- Monitor implementation and maintenance of correct internal data sharing agreements or contractual agreements. Ensure formal approvals are in place with correct data governance clauses
- Monitor compliance with data destruction arrangements in the business.
You will need:
- An understanding of; information lifecycle, experience in data management and/or data governance activities
- An advanced experience in stakeholder management, able to grow and develop stakeholder engagement across a global community
- High organisational and planning skills in order to scope projects and initiatives; clear evidence of seeing an initiative through from conception to implementation
- Experience in defining, developing and implementing management information and metrics
- Effective analytical capability to analyse information, identify gaps or trends, build solutions and improvements based on analytical findings
- Solid understanding of risk and control environments to drive improvement including system controls, system rules, manual controls, data quality controls
- A logical understanding of the IT environment and how data is transferred through IT infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of implementing data governance to ensure high levels of data compliance
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79162013