Assistant Tax Manager
Leading accountancy firm seeks Assistant Tax Manager to join their growing tax team in their Northampton office. This role presents the opportunity for advisory work on genuinely interesting and complex clients.
With existing corporate tax experience, gained either in a corporate / business tax role or mixed tax role, you will manage your own portfolio of clients. This role presents the opportunity for you to take on some genuinely interesting and complex advisory work for a diverse and entrepreneurial client base.
You will also report to and support the Tax Managers, Directors & Partners in managing and controlling the activities and performance of the Tax department.
- Manage a portfolio of clients producing corporate tax and/or personal tax computations
- Carry out consultancy work when required
- Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
- Attend client meetings where appropriate
- Respond to tax queries from Partners/Directors
- Plan, allocate, control and review work carried out by team members
- Involvement with staff training, supervision and appraisals as appropriate
- Ad hoc projects/research
- Support the Tax Managers, Directors & Partners in managing and controlling the activities and performance of the Tax department.
- CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified
- Previous corporate tax experience and knowledge gained either in a corporate / business tax role or mixed tax role
- Current technical tax knowledge
- Staff mentoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A positive and committed approach with a client focus
- Commercial awareness with strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- IT literate (Excel, Word, tax software).
What's on offer;
- Very competitive salary together with further career progression and development
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home Counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17588
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79168148