Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Collinson Group is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the business based in London working on our infrastructure globally.
- Building technology solutions for Collinson Group infrastructure worldwide including participating in the high level design discussion, developing the low level technical details, writing the implementation instructions and overseeing the implementation / project transition
- Responsible for coordinating root cause analysis for underlying issues and incidents that affect systems performance and availability including proactively identifying and resolving known errors and problems to minimize incident re-occurrence.
- Maintaining the Core infrastructure and performing BAU tasks, with some travel to remote offices/locations. Performing Capacity Planning; data analysis and generating reports. Management of back up processes, routine updates and patches by commercially provided software and general information security practices (in liaison with the Information Security team).
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of vendor supplied software and hardware products in accordance with Company requirements and specifications.
- Helping to translate business and customer requirements into solid and stable network infrastructure solutions
- Executing projects and tasks independently and with limited direct supervision
- To perform trouble-shooting of hardware and networking and creation of accurate site & system documentation.
- To provide the technical input into planning and implementation of complex IT upgrades and installation.
- Develops migration approaches and maintain list of current projects/tasks
- Performing IT system upgrades and installations of hardware and software.
- To keep abreast of updates in information technology, being able to recommend and evaluate products and services for use within group.
Decision Making Authority
- Expected to make recommendations for improvement in respect of Group IT process and operational support.
- Must have worked with Cloud Infrastructure in the past with detailed knowledge of Virtualization technologies and general understanding of Networking concepts.
- Good working knowledge of switching, ISCSI SANs, Firewalls, Windows Server OS, Linux(Centos) and Enterprise infrastructure setup.
- Ideally have a high degree of competency in technical areas: Amazon Cloud Services, Terraform, Puppet, Powershell, Bash Scripts, HP Hardware, Left Hand SANs, Traffic Managers/Load Balancers, HP Data Protector, PRTG Monitoring. Networking Protocols/Services, Juniper Firewalls and Extreme Switches knowledge would be a benefit.
- VMware, Messaging solutions, Exchange, Linux, and automation skills desirable, with the ability to learn new technologies
- Senior level experience managing and trouble-shooting complex infrastructure related issues working with various supporting teams like Networks or Developers.
- A thorough understanding of virtualization technology, particularly VMware and AWS.
- A detailed understanding of Active Directory, TCP/IP and Network Topology is required.
- Must be able to follow and create accurate documentation
- Must be articulate and able to communicate well with Managers and staff
- Needs to be flexible, self-motivated with a positive attitude and have good proactive problem solving skills
- Linux skills required, Centos experience is an advantage
- It is likely any candidate would need a minimum of 10 years of working IT experience
- Team player
- Ability to liaise with IT staff members including Developers and DBAs
- Strong work ethic
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivator with a willingness to learn new skills and work under pressure
- The ability to thrive in a fast moving and changing environment
- Keenness to share ideas and to provide fresh insights
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 25 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 2,000 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP.
Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and criminal records checks (DBS).
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79032647