Conduct & Compliance Manager (Monitoring)
Conduct & Compliance Manager (Monitoring), Edinburgh
Competitive salary dependant on knowledge, skills and experience, competitive benefits (including company car or allowance if preferred) and a great working environment
In this role you’ll support Sainsbury’s Bank and Argos Financial Services in achieving proportionate and effective monitoring of key conduct and compliance risks. You’ll develop the approach to, and lead delivery of, governance and oversight across the Group, including third party service providers.
With your regulatory and conduct subject matter expertise and extensive knowledge and experience in 2nd line of defence oversight and assurance, your key objective will be to support the Group Head of Compliance Monitoring in ensuring that effective oversight of conduct and compliance risk is deployed across the Group’s portfolio.
- design and deliver reviews of all business areas and end to end processes to assess the effectiveness of risk management, undertaking assurance to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of key controls across the Group
- deliver Compliance reviews and monitoring activity, consulting with senior stakeholders to agree solutions to identified gaps in conduct and compliance risk management
- report on Compliance review and monitoring activity objectively, openly, and in a way that promotes positive working relationships
- refine and execute the risk based monitoring plan; providing oversight of BAU and major change programmes
- ensure that the Conduct and Compliance Monitoring Plan is executed, overseeing both BAU and change programmes, liaising with key stakeholders to communicate review findings and influencing the business to prioritise conduct and compliance actions
- carry out regular reviews of functions, ensuring that adequate controls are in place
- ensure delivery of appropriate management information and analysis to the governance committees on the quality of oversight activities performed by the first line businesses
- analyse MI and reports provided by the 1st line businesses and work with the relevant Group stakeholders to identify appropriate courses of action.
- regulatory and conduct subject matter expertise with extensive knowledge and experience in 2nd line of defence oversight and assurance
- extensive FCA financial services compliance experience, including knowledge of the requirements of FCA rules and guidance
- adaptability and the ability to operate in a fast moving, changing environment
- negotiation and influencing skills
- a “can do” attitude
- analytical skills, judgement and reasoning ability
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and challenge at all levels
- relationship and dispute management skills
- excellent organisation skills, the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- ability to work on own initiative
- experience of using mainstream business software applications
It would also be beneficial if you had experience of:
- working within a risk function where service is delivered through remote channels using an outsourced supplier
- control testing
- Payments Services Regulations
- coaching and feedback
We’re proud to be different. We offer an award-winning product range that includes insurance, savings, loans, credit cards, travel money and mortgages. As well as being the first British supermarket to open a bank, our people, values and inspiring offices create a great working environment where we can focus on what our customers want.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79168169